What data do we collect?
I collect the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, etc.)
- country of location (for invoicing purposes)
- information regarding your enquiry (e.g. word count, nature of project, genre etc.)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide me with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Sign up to the mailing list
- Make and enquiry or submit a quotation request
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
I collect your data so that I can:
- Process your enquiry and invoice your service.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
With whom is your data shared?
No one, unless you request that I do so in writing, or my business is closed by HMRC for audit.
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your data at the following places: [enter the location and describe security precautions taken].
- WordPress. This is my website host. It is password-protected and has SSL-certification (https) to provide an additional layer of security.
- MailChimp. This is my blog-subscription management system. MailChimp requires a double opt-in. That means that after a subscriber signs up they have to confirm their opt-in via email.
- Stripe. This is the password-protected online payment service I use for my international sales.
- Microsoft hotmail. This is the password-protected server I use to communicate via email.
- Physical hard drive. This is kept under lock and key in a secure location, which it does not leave. It is also password-protected.
Unless otherwise stated, I do not delete your personal information as I often work with clients multiples times. However, if you wish you information to be removed please get in touch via the contact details below, and, as long as I am compliant with HMRC’s tax policy, I will be happy to accommodate your request.
I would like to send you information about services, offers and news from time to time that I think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop me from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please get in touch via the contact details below.
What are your data protection rights?
I would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data from me.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that I correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request me to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that I erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that I restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to me processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that I transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at my email: email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit my website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
If you wish to disable cookies, you can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at: Hidcote, Orchard Road, Pratts Bottom, Orpington, BR6 7NT